Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/31 10:34:56 UTC

StartupServletContextListener doesn't read javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES ?

Hy,

I'm trying to migrate a jsp/servlet/spring app to (js/my)faces. It's
Tomcat 5.9.17 with java 5 So

* I've added the myfaces example jars to my WEB-INF/lib.
* written a simple WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
* declared javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES in web.xml
* added net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
and the net.sourceforge.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet servlet with
mapping to web.xml.

The problem is that when I try to acces a simple faces demo file, I get

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application - typically this is because a context listener is not
setup in your web.xml.
A typical config looks like this..."

>From the logs it seems to me the the StartupServletContextListener is
trying to access
net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml and gets
"java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol".

So I assume that somehow my CONFIG_FILES which is set to
/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml isn't read by the listener.

Could you tell me what should I do next to make it work ?

Regards,
Emilian

--
Emilian Bold
+40 740235562

RE: StartupServletContextListener doesn't read javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES ?

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
The current download has your "missing" file,
org.apache.myfaces.resource.standard-faces-config.xml, located in the
myfaces-impl.jar.  Do you have both myfaces-api.jar and myfaces-impl.jar in
your WEB-INF/lib? Perhaps you need to download the distribution again if you
are having .jar problems like this.

Regards,
David

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.