Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Christopher Gross <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 21:22:56 UTC

Crawling with Certs

Is there any good documentation for setting up Nutch to crawl HTTPS
sites using a certificate?  I've poked around on the wiki and tried
some google searches without much luck.

I'm using Nutch 1.4.

Thanks!

-- Chris

Re: Crawling with Certs

Posted by Christopher Gross <co...@gmail.com>.
No, I never had any luck with it, after trying for a few days I gave up and
moved on to other things.  Even tried using Nutch 2.x, but still wasn't
able to get to a cert protected site.

I'm going to look into Apache Droids (http://incubator.apache.org/droids/)
and see if their crawler can crawl with a cert, just haven't had time yet.

-- Chris

Re: Crawling with Certs

Re: Crawling with Certs

Posted by Christopher Gross <co...@gmail.com>.
Snippet from logfile:

2012-03-08 14:23:32,090 DEBUG wire.header - >> "CONNECT localhost:443
HTTP/1.1"2012-03-08 14:23:32,090 DEBUG httpclient.HttpMethodBase -
Adding Host request header2012-03-08 14:23:32,090 DEBUG wire.header -
2012-03-08 14:23:32,099 DEBUG wire.header - << "Connection: close[\r][\n]"
2012-03-08 14:23:32,099 DEBUG wire.header - << "[\r][\n]"
2012-03-08 14:23:32,109 DEBUG httpclient.ConnectMethod - CONNECT status code 400
2012-03-08 14:23:32,109 DEBUG httpclient.HttpMethodDirector - CONNECT
failed, fake the response for the original method

I'm guessing that something needs to go in the httpclient-auth.xml
file -- but all the examples are for login/password combos, and not a
cert.  Any ideas on where to look for that?  The Authentication
Schemes page (http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/HttpAuthenticationSchemes)
fails to mention certs.

-- Chris

Re: Crawling with Certs