Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tim Bray <tb...@textuality.com> on 1999/11/17 18:40:35 UTC

Huge messages

Please don't post huge, broken, HTML-formatted messages to public mailing
lists. -Tim

Re: Huge messages

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.
Sorry. Pb corrected (I'll send only text messages, now).

Eric SCHAEFFER

_______________________________________

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@posterconseil.com

POSTER CONSEIL
118 rue de Tocqueville
75017 PARIS
FRANCE
Tel. : 33-140541058
Fax : 33-140541059
_______________________________________

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Tim Bray wrote:
> > Please don't post huge, broken, HTML-formatted messages to public mailing
> > lists. -Tim

> We can configure the ezmlm lists (on an individual basis) to filter out
> body attachments of a particular content-type, if you like.  "We have the
> technology".  =)

No need for this, we are all very much learning all this; and we have a
lot of window's people, and thus a whole new set of tools and mailers.

So in general; when you send mail make sure that you limit yourself to
as much as possible to:

	PLAIN 7 bit ascii

I.e. No 8bit, no HTML, no RTF, no word attachement.. and certainly not
sending the same message in two attachements, one plain text, the other
HTML or word. Just pure

	PLAIN text

will do :-) That is the best (and lowest!) common denominator for all
folks, be it on windows, mac's, unix, vax/vms ond other OS/XX0 dinosaurs
:-)

Dw

Re: Huge messages

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Tim Bray wrote:
> Please don't post huge, broken, HTML-formatted messages to public mailing
> lists. -Tim

We can configure the ezmlm lists (on an individual basis) to filter out
body attachments of a particular content-type, if you like.  "We have the
technology".  =)

	Brian