Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com> on 2003/05/05 18:03:12 UTC

How many DB connections do you use?

Hi all,

I'm having occurances of mail getting rejected because not enough
connections are available. Whenever I find the errors in my deadletter
repository, I up the number of connections. I just turned it up to 30
connections, I'm wondering just how high I need to go....

What do you use?

Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com

Re: How many DB connections do you use?

Posted by Javier Storni <ja...@512konline.com.ar>.
My scenario requires up to 50 connections. I have ~120 mailboxes with
intensive use.

Javier

Re: How many DB connections do you use?

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Thanks, Noel. I'll just keep watching it and increasing the number as
needed.

Kenny Smith

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Hi Noel,

I don't have it anymore. I cleaned out the deadletter repository and
then accidentally closed my text buffer without saving.

It was the one mentioned in the config.xml file...

<!-- Maximum concurrent connections james may open to this database-->
<!-- If you see "SQLException: Giving up... no connections available."
in your log files or bounced mail increase this value -->

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Kenny

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Hi Noel,

I'm finding messages in the deadletter repository where the error
message contained a message stating that the max connections had been
reached.

Which of course seems strange to me because it had a db connection to
write it to the deadletter, but not to the inbox. I'm trying to find an
example, but I can't find it anymore.

Do you know of a string I can grep through my logs for to get info about
mordred (other than mordred.. that didn't turn up anything good).

Kenny