Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/05 21:45:23 UTC

How do the spec files get / reference source?

Where does the source come from in the various bigtop-packages?

I see references to things like

"flume_folder" (in flume.spec) and
things like "Source0:
%{name}-distribution-%{mahout_base_version}-src.tar.gz" (mahout.spec)

etc.... but am not sure where the actual source code is pulled in  inside
of these .spec files.

This might also be a general .spec question, if so apologies in advance.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: How do the spec files get / reference source?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> What does the /mahout/ refers to?

This is the path on the Apache distribution server. It's built by various
substitutions from Makefile, bigtop.mk, and package.mk. For example, Mahout
expands to
http://apache.osuosl.org/mahout/0.7/mahout-distribution-0.7-src.tar.gz

> Where does the download happen?
> Where can I learn more about what the $eval $(call ....) syntax is
implementing?

For both, see package.mk (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=bigtop.git;a=blob_plain;f=package.mk;hb=HEAD
)

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: How do the spec files get / reference source?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where does the source come from in the various bigtop-packages?

Depends of what you mean by 'source'.

> I see references to things like
>
> "flume_folder" (in flume.spec) and
> things like "Source0:
> %{name}-distribution-%{mahout_base_version}-src.tar.gz" (mahout.spec)
>
> etc.... but am not sure where the actual source code is pulled in  inside of
> these .spec files.
>
> This might also be a general .spec question, if so apologies in advance.

Most of the source comes from 2 places:
    * bigtop-package/src/common/<component>
    * bigtop-package/src/rpm/SOURCES

With an exception of the source tarball which gets downloaded
from the target location (recorded in bigtop.mk).

All of this is coded in package.mk -- that's your source of truth.

Thanks,
Roman.