Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com> on 2012/02/01 08:21:59 UTC

Re: M3 regression: Unreliable results, because reactor fails to calculate proper build order

mjsell wrote:

> I too have run into this issue, but didn't have a chance to write a bug
> report about it.  Do you know if a jira issue already exists for it?

As already written: MNG-5207

- Jörg

Re: M3 regression: Unreliable results, because reactor fails to calculate proper build order

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> for Maven plugins. Especially in this case where I need a prepared local
> repository and an own settings.xml to demonstrate the bug. I cannot promise

You may find Stephen's mrm-maven-plugin to be helpful...

http://mojo.codehaus.org/mrm-maven-plugin/

Wayne

Re: M3 regression: Unreliable results, because reactor fails to calculate proper build order

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
I can make an integration test to get the process started.

On Feb 2, 2012, at 7:03 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Jörg,
>>
>> I took a look in the tarball and there's no test case per se.
>
> thanks for taking a look. Yes, the tarball contains a lightweight sample
> project.
>
>> I'll take a
>> look this weekend and put it into the form of a standard integration test.
>> If you can put it into the form of a standard integration test that will
>> likely help me get further on the weekend.
>
> Honestly, I lost track at some point how unit tests are currently written
> for Maven plugins. Especially in this case where I need a prepared local
> repository and an own settings.xml to demonstrate the bug. I cannot promise
> to provide a proper UT/IT tomorrow, we'll see if I can take the time. Are
> there any up-to-date tests with such complexity? Somewhere in assembly or
> surefire plugin?
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Re: M3 regression: Unreliable results, because reactor fails to calculate proper build order

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Jason,

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Jörg,

I took a look in the tarball and there's no test case per se. I'll take a look this weekend and put it into the form of a standard integration test. If you can put it into the form of a standard integration test that will likely help me get further on the weekend.

On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:21 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> mjsell wrote:
>
>> I too have run into this issue, but didn't have a chance to write a bug
>> report about it.  Do you know if a jira issue already exists for it?
>

> As already written: MNG-5207
>
> - Jörg

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance