Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2003/04/09 23:28:14 UTC

[phoenix] mxinfo generation and usage borked?

anyone successfully using components with separate mx interfaces in the
HEAD version of phoenix? from what i can tell, it shouldn't work at all
given the current code (mx interfaces weren't tied to services
before...)

pete, how did you envision plugging them into to the non-legacy info
model?
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: [phoenix] mxinfo generation and usage borked?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:44, Peter Royal wrote:
> The LegacyInfoBuilder wasn't parsing out the phoenix:mx tag. Fixed in
> CVS now :)

works for me.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [phoenix] mxinfo generation and usage borked?

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 09:13  PM, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 08:31  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:28, Peter Royal wrote:
>>> anyone successfully using components with separate mx interfaces in
>>> the
>>> HEAD version of phoenix? from what i can tell, it shouldn't work at
>>> all
>>> given the current code (mx interfaces weren't tied to services
>>> before...)
>>
>> I am not sure exactly what you mean. It seems to work for me and the
>> console
>> picks it up fine. Can describe the exact case that fails.
>
> I have a block marked with
>
> @phoenix:mx name="my.mbean.Class"

The LegacyInfoBuilder wasn't parsing out the phoenix:mx tag. Fixed in
CVS now :)

I also updated the unit test, please cross-check to make sure I didn't
furbar anything :)
-pete

Re: [phoenix] mxinfo generation and usage borked?

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, April 9, 2003, at 08:31  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:28, Peter Royal wrote:
>> anyone successfully using components with separate mx interfaces in
>> the
>> HEAD version of phoenix? from what i can tell, it shouldn't work at
>> all
>> given the current code (mx interfaces weren't tied to services
>> before...)
>
> I am not sure exactly what you mean. It seems to work for me and the
> console
> picks it up fine. Can describe the exact case that fails.

I have a block marked with

@phoenix:mx name="my.mbean.Class"

It delivers no services, just an MBean interface. It last worked with
4.0.x and XDoclet.

Looking at the docs (always a good thing to do!), it appears that I may
be out-of-sync with what I should be doing.. I'll dig deeper.
-pete

Re: [phoenix] mxinfo generation and usage borked?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:28, Peter Royal wrote:
> anyone successfully using components with separate mx interfaces in the
> HEAD version of phoenix? from what i can tell, it shouldn't work at all
> given the current code (mx interfaces weren't tied to services
> before...)

I am not sure exactly what you mean. It seems to work for me and the console
picks it up fine. Can describe the exact case that fails.

> pete, how did you envision plugging them into to the non-legacy info
> model?

basically idon't. ComponentInfo is not powerful enough to do what we need.
What I want to use is one of the "attribute" toolkits - unfortunately none
are really solid enough for us to use.

If in a month or so there is no improvement in the situation I intend to whip
MetaClass into shape and see if that suits our needs. I think it probably
will so all should be good.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald