Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matthias <mi...@web.de> on 2020/05/15 23:28:10 UTC

Apache POI

Hi All,

does anyone know a working example for apache poi in karaf? I want to create
some excel-files from karaf and are not able to create a working bundle.

Regards,
Matthias

Re: Apache POI

Posted by Maurice Betzel <m....@gaston-schul.com>.
JB is right about the servicemix bundles, I use POI in several integration
projects and something like the features below should do the job. Just drop
in the deploy folder of a karaf with maven central connection. Then you can
read it in with Workbook workbook = WorkbookFactory.create(xxx);

-----
if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: Apache POI

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I don’t have a simple example "ready" but I already used POI.

Basically you have two options:

- embed POI as private package of your bundle
- use the POI bundle available at ServiceMix.

Once package like this, you can directly create/manipulate HSSF and related.

Regards
JB