Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/11/02 21:25:31 UTC

Running Xenserver on top of KVM or another HV

Hello,

I tried running Xenserver on top of KVM with the VMX flag allocated to its VM, but it still complains that it can't run "HVM" guests.
Anyone knows a trick around it or what precisely flags it needs to do HVM?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Running Xenserver on top of KVM or another HV

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
I just found out that the problem is due to the kernel (CentOS 7, kernel 3.10.0-123)
The problem goes away once I install kernel 3.17.2+ from ElRepo. Xenserver no longer complains about the inability to HVM.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.