Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi> on 2009/05/12 15:31:19 UTC

Form generation

Hi,

is the following allowed (in flow):

var data = ......;
var form = new Form("cocoon://make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

The idea is to automatically generate a form definition from given data
with jx:forEach. The data object doesn't seem to be passed on.

The make-form.jx actually does exactly what it is supposed to do. I
tested this with

var data = .....;
cocoon.sendPage("make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

and this gives me the right form definition.

If

new Form("cocoon://make-form.jx", { "data" : data } );

is not possible, what would be the alternative?

Re: Form generation

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Funny you should ask that; i had the same issue myself a while back:
> http://www.nabble.com/JX---Flowscipt-variable-not-accessible-in-generated-form--td21684221.html
> The answer there is the approach I adopted.

Yes, I see how this would work. I can adopt a similar approach.
Thanks, this is probably the solution I was looking for.

Re: Form generation

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.

Re: Form generation

Posted by Andre Juffer <an...@oulu.fi>.
DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, it works. You can define forms dynamically. And even pass
> "cocoon://make-form.jx" as a sitemap parameter.

OK. The point is however that in make-form.jx, the data object is
actually null. In other words, it doesn't seem to be passed on. I am
100% sure that it is -not- null in the flow scrip. I make a test in
make-form.jx to see if it is null.

Re: Form generation

Posted by DAVIGNON Andre - CETE NP/DIODé/PANDOC <An...@developpement-durable.gouv.fr>.
Hi,