Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by supraja sridhar <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/25 05:08:45 UTC

Query regarding proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level

Hello,

I understand that -
proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level provides the option to
enable/disable client certificate verification across all connections. Is
it possible to skip client certificate verification based on source IP?

Thanks,
Supraja

Re: Query regarding proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level

Posted by Susan Hinrichs <sh...@verizonmedia.com>.
Yes, ip_allow takes a list of IP's.  I think it takes ranges as well.  You
may also need a fqdn value.

No, sni.yaml does not make an appearance until 8.x as
ssl_server_name.yaml.  The file becomes sni.yaml in 9.0.x.

Susan

Posted by supraja sridhar <su...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Thanks. Will ip_allow take IPs as input. Is the following a valid example
> ?
> sni
>     ip_allow: x.y.z.a
>     verify_client: MODERATE
>

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM Susan Hinrichs <sh...@verizonmedia.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You can specialize the client certificate requirements using sni.yaml.
>> So only request it for specific domain names.  There is also an ip_allow
>> action in sni.yaml (which I see is not documented) which would allow to
>> control requiring client certificate based on the peer's IP.
>>

>> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/sni.yaml.en.html?highlight=sni%20yaml#std:configfile-sni.yaml
>>
>> I'll work on putting up a PR with some documentation on the ip_allow
>> action.
>>
>> Susan
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 11:09 PM supraja sridhar <
>> suprajasridhar95@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I understand that -
>>> proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level provides the option to
>>> enable/disable client certificate verification across all connections. Is
>>> it possible to skip client certificate verification based on source IP?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Supraja
>>>

> --
> Regards,
> S.SUPRAJA
> MIT

S.SUPRAJA
MIT

Re: Query regarding proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level

Posted by supraja sridhar <su...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> You can specialize the client certificate requirements using sni.yaml.  So
> only request it for specific domain names.  There is also an ip_allow
> action in sni.yaml (which I see is not documented) which would allow to
> control requiring client certificate based on the peer's IP.
>

> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/sni.yaml.en.html?highlight=sni%20yaml#std:configfile-sni.yaml
>
> I'll work on putting up a PR with some documentation on the ip_allow
> action.
>
> Susan
>
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 11:09 PM supraja sridhar <
> suprajasridhar95@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I understand that -
>> proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level provides the option to
>> enable/disable client certificate verification across all connections. Is
>> it possible to skip client certificate verification based on source IP?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Supraja

S.SUPRAJA
MIT

Re: Query regarding proxy.config.ssl.client.certification_level

Posted by Susan Hinrichs <sh...@verizonmedia.com>.