Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matt Rich <ma...@pasteur.fr> on 2004/08/25 16:28:49 UTC

fop2pdf through chained transformers

Hello!

I'm trying to export in pdf the result of an SQL request
that has been passed through a chain of transformers like this:

<map:match pattern="result2">
        <map:generate src="requetes.xml" />
        <map:transform src="result2.xsl">
        </map:transform>
           -<map:transform type="sql">
        <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="syb"/>
        <map:parameter name="show-nr-of-rows" value="true"/>
        <map:parameter name="clob-encoding" value="UTF-8"/>
           </map:transform>
         <map:transform src="page2html2.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize />
       </map:match>

Calling "result2pdf" from the resulting hml page should give a pdf
version of this page:
the "result2pdf" pipeline is the same, except :
<map:serialize type="fo2pdf">

I've managed to pass the variables. but when trying to get the pdf ,
an error message appears :
"Failed to execute pipeline : root element must be root, not center"

( The two first lines of my source file are :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<center xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
)

Thank you so much for any clue!

Cheers,

Matt

Re: fop2pdf through chained transformers

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <ro...@opencascade.com>.
You have to create fo (formatted objects) xml input instead of html for
fo2pdf serializer.

Roman

Posted by David <ga...@yahoo.com>.
You may find this helpful - it worked for me:

http://www.cs.ut.ee/xmlcourse/XSLT-PDF/IntroXSL-FO/IntroXSL-FO.html

You may also want to use Cocoon Views to troubleshoot, if you're not doing that already.

David

-