Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/28 06:06:18 UTC

reg max map task config

Hi All,

I am trying to override the value of mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
in mapred-site.xml through my job configuration object will it reflect in
the corresponding task trackers?
or do i have to change it in mapred-site.xml following a restart for the
changes to apply?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Manoj.

Re: reg max map task config

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
There's probably different variables (esp. since you run HBase,
calculated resources) involved for this, but you can generally find
some reading material on this in books and
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowManyMapsAndReduces which should help
you come to a good value. Pro-tip I usually get from Todd:
Consistently monitor and tune, for it is harmless to restart a slave
to set in new values.

--
Harsh J

Re: reg max map task config