Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Papapara Tudu <pa...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2008/02/28 18:13:11 UTC

[Maven + Cargo] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while remote deploying to Tomcat 5.0

Hello,
I have a web project that gets built into a war file. I am trying to get it
to work with remote deployment to Tomcat, as I've seen other people saying
that this configuration works for them (seen e.g. at
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg39920.html)

                <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                                <configuration>

<webXml>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
                                        <archive>
                                                <manifest>

<addClasspath>true</addClasspath>

<classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
                                                </manifest>
                                        </archive>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                        <plugin>
                                <inherited>true</inherited>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.cargo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>cargo-maven2-plugin</artifactId>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>verify-deploy</id>
                                                <phase>install</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>deployer-deploy</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>clean-undeploy</id>
                                                <phase>pre-clean</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>deployer-undeploy</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                        </execution>
                                </executions>
                                <configuration>

                                        <!-- Container Configuration -->
                                        <container>

<containerId>tomcat5x</containerId>
                                                <type>remote</type>
                                        </container>

                                        <!-- Configuration to use with the
container -->
                                        <configuration>
                                                <type>runtime</type>
                                                <properties>

<cargo.tomcat.manager.url>

http://localhost:8080/manager

</cargo.tomcat.manager.url>

<cargo.remote.username>
                                                                admin

</cargo.remote.username>

<cargo.remote.password>
                                                                tomcat

</cargo.remote.password>
                                                </properties>
                                        </configuration>

                                        <!-- Deployer and Deployables
configuration -->
                                        <deployer>
                                                <type>remote</type>
                                                <deployables>
                                                        <deployable>

<groupId>com.company.project</groupId>

<artifactId>webproject</artifactId>

<type>war</type>
                                                                <pingURL>

http://localhost:8080/webproject/jsp/default.jsp
                                                                </pingURL>
                                                        </deployable>
                                                </deployables>
                                        </deployer>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>

However when I try to deploy my war file using e.g. mvn clean install, I get
the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

(...)

[INFO] [cargo:deployer-deploy {execution: verify-deploy}]
[INFO] [mcat5xRemoteDeployer] Deploying [here path to the war file]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
[INFO]
(...)

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Papapara Tudu

Re: [Maven + Cargo] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError while remote deploying to Tomcat 5.0

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Adjust Maven's heap space with MAVEN_OPTS:
set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m
(or export ...)

Wayne