Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/09/01 11:05:40 UTC

[FlexJS] Add SqlConnection to FlexJS

I was just thinking that in general most non-ui libraries should be able to be ported to FlexJS quite easily. One I found particularly interesting recently was FlexORM (Some sort of JPA for Flex). I am using this and would love to have that in the Browser. As Browsers do support sqlite databases the same way AIR does, I think it should be quite easy to provide this to FlexJS. What do you think?

Here's a small link to how to use the SQLite db in JavaScript

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webdatabase/todo/

Chris

Re: [FlexJS] Add SqlConnection to FlexJS

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I t *could* be, but Couch has... interesting.. thoughts on security.
Like every user of the app needs their own CouchDb instance. And any
shared read data, is also shared write data ...

Tom

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Would be interesting what others do these days but I nearly completely
replaced sql databases by document orientated databases wherever it is
possible and I'm very happy with it until now.
As local storage I definately would give PouchDB [1] (never used it) a try.
It is written in JS and has powerful sync features and could be synced with
a server side CouchDB instance.
Sorry for beeing a bit off topic... ;-)

Olaf

[1] https://pouchdb.com/

Re: [FlexJS] Add SqlConnection to FlexJS

Posted by João Fernandes <jo...@gmail.com>.
web sql has been deprecated[1],  the one still maintained is indexeddb
which only has a limited support and very buggy in IOS[2].

[1] http://caniuse.com/#search=web%20sq
[2]  http://caniuse.com/#search=indexeddb

--

João Fernandes