Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dinesh C <DI...@mascotsystems.com> on 2002/10/01 05:08:56 UTC

RE: need help

It worked, thanks Vincent.

But, After that, I am getting one more error : here is the error message :
please help.

Thanks,
Dinesh

[junit] Running org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll
    [junit] Tests run: 15, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 15.653 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cactus.unit.TestAll
    [junit] Tests run: 15, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 15.653 sec

    [junit] Testcase: testLongProcess took 4.346 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testLotsOfData took 10.565 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testAssertionFailedError took 0.151 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testExceptionNotSerializable took 0.05 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testExceptionSerializable took 0.03 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testNoAutomaticSessionCreation took 0.09 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testMultiValueParameters took 0.05 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testWriteOutputStream took 0.04 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testSetConfigParameter took 0.04 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetServletName took 0.04 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testSendMultivaluedHeader took 0.03 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetResponseAsStringMultiLines took 0.04 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetResponseAsStringArrayMultiLines took 0.05 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testCookieEncoding took 0.06 sec
    [junit] Testcase: testGetRequestDispatcherFromNamedDispatcherOK took
0.051 s
ec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] null
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.unit.TestServletTestCase2.testGetRequestDis
patcherFromNamedDispatcherOK(Unknown Source)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runServerTest(AbstractTest
Case.java:332)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBareServerTest(Abstract
TestCase.java:235)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(Abstrac
tWebTestCaller.java:149)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.dispatch87
_handleRequest(AbstractWebTestController.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/Log
Aspe
ct.aj(1k):125)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

It seems you're trying to run Cactus sample application tests. However,
you are taking only half of the config. For example, the error below
leads me to believe you have not defined some elements in your web.xml
that are needed for Cactus sample tests.

I would suggest you look at the fully packaged Cactus sample application
(and not just at the java files). You need to pay attention to its
web.xml and web directory as some sample servlets do a forward to a jsp
page there.

Cheers,
-Vincent