Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr> on 2002/05/29 21:02:43 UTC

        PerlHandler Apache::SSI
      </Files>
----------------------------
      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
        SetHandler  perl-script
        PerlModule  Apache::ASP
        PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        PerlSetVar  Global .
        PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp  # what is this foo thing.
      </Files>
-----------------------------
and reload and the

I've got the source of index.html in my browser and the FAQ didn't help me.

I got a lot of trouble to RTFM !!
My lack of knowledge the way linux/apache/modules are working
and my not native language put the WHAT'S GOIN'ON INSIDE MY HEAD.

So it's a big call to any explanation...
ThanX
bbsc!
ism

Re: even with quick start...it's not heaven

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ismael Touama wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i've still done it and in fact cp-ing manually the
> .htaccess & .bhtacces files in my root directory.
> However I re-issue the operation.

If you can't get the .htaccess to work, you can copy the
configs there directly into the httpd.conf to get the
examples to work.  You could put them in a <Directory> config
for the directory that site/eg is really located on your system.

> But what I do with it... ?
>      <Files ~ (\.asp)>
>        SetHandler  perl-script
>        PerlModule  Apache::ASP
>        PerlHandler Apache::ASP
>        PerlSetVar  Global .
>        PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
>      </Files>
>
> What's the /tmp/asp directory ?

StateDir is where files for $Session & $Application are stored.

> Ok I think it's about Apache::Filter *MODULE* !!
>
> I put it now:
> PerlHAndler Apache::Registry Apache::SSI Apache:: Apache::ASP
>
> but really don't see what to set instead of blah.

The Apache::Filter module is just used for hooking up
to Apache::SSI for SSI features.  This is optional,
and you should not use it unless you need to do so.
There is an example config for it in the .htaccess.

For more information on what you might want SSI for,
please see http://www.apache-asp.org/ssi.html and perldoc Apache::SSI,
and http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_include.html

--Josh

Re: "virtual urls"

Posted by Brat Wizard <br...@naxs.com>.
It can be done with mod_rewrite. Go to apache.org and read through the
mod_rewrite docs.

Regards.

John Whitten
brat@naxs.com
Wizard.Org, Inc.

On Saturday 01 June 2002 04:02 am, Ellers spewed into the ether:

RE: "virtual urls"

Posted by Ellers <el...@iinet.net.au>.
Many thanks to those who replied.

I went with the <location> strategy using a file called 'lookup' and
using $ServerVariables( 'PATH_INFO' ) - works beautifully after
getting a few extra ASP settings into the httpd.conf

Thanks again!

Ellers

RE: "virtual urls"

Posted by Jim Helm <jj...@att.net>.

"virtual urls"

Re: even with quick start...it's HEAVEN !! but...

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Ismael Touama wrote:

> Ok !
> I succed to make workin demo_global_asa.asp
> It's in fact Apache::SSI module that don't work...
> So ready for a next topic ?
> I search!

Congrats on getting the example to work.  Apache::SSI
is optional functionality, so don't worry about getting it
to work unless you need it.  If you want to continue, use
the SSI config example in site/eg/.htaccess.

--Josh

this is not SPAM !

Posted by Ismael Touama <is...@install.fr>.
OK I forgot with the frenetic joy to achieve a near (not-full time :) month
of work !!
=>THANK for ALL THE HELPS
bbsc
ism

RE: even with quick start...it's HEAVEN !! but...

Ok I think it's about Apache::Filter *MODULE* !!

I put it now:
PerlHAndler Apache::Registry Apache::SSI Apache:: Apache::ASP

but really don't see what to set instead of blah.

Hmm' but still really blocked.
bbsc
ism

i've still done it and in fact cp-ing manually the
.htaccess & .bhtacces files in my root directory.
However I re-issue the operation.

But what I do with it... ?
     <Files ~ (\.asp)>
       SetHandler  perl-script
       PerlModule  Apache::ASP
       PerlHandler Apache::ASP
       PerlSetVar  Global .
       PerlSetVar  StateDir /tmp/asp
     </Files>

What's the /tmp/asp directory ?

I don't have such one and don't understand its utility.

So I try different config, the default doesn't work
(hmm' I don't have let it work ;op)

thx,
bbsc,
ism

PS: And what about the <Files ~"*\.blah"> Apache::SSI directive ?
    I wonder if my problem occurs with the Apache::SSI API (is that really
    an API or a module ?) . To me 'blah' is a foo thing ! Isn't it ?
    So if problem with Apache::SSI, it's maybe Apache::Filter too ?
    Lot of question isn't it ?

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.