Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tarand <th...@nsn.com> on 2011/11/21 09:42:02 UTC

maven-dependency-plugin fails when using maven's multi-thread feature

I'm experieting with maven-3's multi-threading feature, as it looks
promising. Unfortunately I have basic problems with the dependency-plugin
(version 2.3): We are using the copy-goal, the configuration style with
<artifactItems>. Whenever one of these artifacts have to be built within the
same reactor, it happens that the dependent artifact has not been built
before, and we encounter an "artifact-not-found" error.

Is that a know issue with the threading feature, or do we make a mistake?

Re: maven-dependency-plugin fails when using maven's multi-thread feature

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
FYI I recall correctly... ;-)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tarand <th...@nsn.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
the copy goal works best for dependencies outside the reactor. if your
copying dependencies from within the reactor you should use the
copy-dependencies goal instead (side effect is you will have to add the
artifacts as dependencies thus giving maven the required build ordering
info)

- Stephen

---
screen