Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Chris Cardona <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/01 07:39:34 UTC

EJB Server Portlet / OpenEJB Stats

Hi All,

I’m interested on creating an EJB Server Portlet to
show some statistics (e.g. bean count of the different
bean types) about the EJB Server/Container and if
possible allow a user to make some basic configuration
changes. I’m not sure if this is currently supported
by Geronimo. Any help, tips, or info where to start
looking will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: EJB Server Portlet / OpenEJB Stats

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

--- Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> I can help you with the portlet side of this; the
> trick is going to be
> getting the statistics out of OpenEJB.  Once we
> figure that out, we
> can create an API around it and call that from the
> portlet.  The best
> way to go would be to create JSR-77 objects for the
> EJBs, and then
> give them JSR-77 statistics objects.
  There was
> recently talk of
> creating JSR-77 wrappers for Tomcat servlets I
> think, so if you can
> look into what was done there, maybe it will
> translate well to
> wrapping EJBs in OpenEJB...
     EJB (jsr-77) object should already be there.
Could an EJB expert please confirm (deny) that? G-1293
has patches attached for the Stats part. You can use
that as a starting point.

Thnaks
Anita

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.