Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> on 2007/04/30 19:44:47 UTC

[mod_wombat] Patch to improve docs

Patch to add information on building, running tests, and organize the
README into some actual docu.

Re: [mod_wombat] Patch to improve docs

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 5/2/07, Brian McCallister <br...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
> > Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> writes:
> >
> >> +    If compiling (make) reports an error that it cannot find the
> >> +    libapreq2 header file, please tell me ( brianm@apache.org )
> >> +    as this occurs under some configurations but we haven't
> >> +    hammered down the weird things libapreq2 does with its
> >> +    install. If you build libapreq2 with a --prefix configuration
> >> +    option, it always seems to work.
> >
> > By default, libapreq2 tries to install itself alongside libaprutil.
> > This is the relevant part of acinclude.m4:
> >
> >         dnl Reset the default installation prefix to be the same as
> > apu's
> >         ac_default_prefix="`$APU_CONFIG --prefix`"
> >
> > Does mod_wombat use the apreq2_config script for getting at
> > apreq2's installation data?
>
> I don't know, Garrett did that part. Autoconf makes me crawl under my
> desk and hide.

IIRC the apreq2 detection is particularly stupid, so it almost
certainly doesn't do the right thing here.  Patches welcome, of course
;-)

-garrett

Re: [mod_wombat] Patch to improve docs

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@pobox.com>.
On Apr 30, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> writes:
>
>> +    If compiling (make) reports an error that it cannot find the
>> +    libapreq2 header file, please tell me ( brianm@apache.org )
>> +    as this occurs under some configurations but we haven't
>> +    hammered down the weird things libapreq2 does with its
>> +    install. If you build libapreq2 with a --prefix configuration
>> +    option, it always seems to work.
>
> By default, libapreq2 tries to install itself alongside libaprutil.
> This is the relevant part of acinclude.m4:
>
>         dnl Reset the default installation prefix to be the same as
> apu's
>         ac_default_prefix="`$APU_CONFIG --prefix`"
>
> Does mod_wombat use the apreq2_config script for getting at
> apreq2's installation data?

I don't know, Garrett did that part. Autoconf makes me crawl under my
desk and hide.

-Brian

Re: [mod_wombat] Patch to improve docs

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [mod_wombat] Patch to improve docs

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/30/07, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Patch to add information on building, running tests, and organize the
> README into some actual docu.

+1, looks like a big improvement.

-garrett