Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Griffith, Vivienne" <vi...@calleo.com> on 2001/09/19 13:19:13 UTC

latest C2 not working

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest C2 from CVS (cocoon_20_branch). The
org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm package is not in the jar. After adding
it, I am still getting a ClassNotFoundException
(org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardSessionStateMatcherFactory - not in the
source or jar) in the log. Also the cocoondb.data file is empty.

Thanks,
Vivienne

Knowledge by Experience

Re: latest C2 not working

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 19.Sep.2001 -- 12:19 PM, Griffith, Vivienne wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest C2 from CVS (cocoon_20_branch). The
> org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm package is not in the jar. After adding

This should be installed in $COCOON/WEB-INF/classes. Have you made
"clean", "webapp" and installed cocoon.war in your servlet container?

> it, I am still getting a ClassNotFoundException
> (org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardSessionStateMatcherFactory - not in the
> source or jar) in the log. Also the cocoondb.data file is empty.

This class was renamed WildcardSessionAttributeMatcherFactory. It
looks like your sources are out of sync.
      find . -type f | xargs egrep -i SessionStateMatcher
doesn't show up anything, here.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: latest C2 not working

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
Vivienne,

you need to build the webapp with include.webapp.libs set. The
org.apache.cocoon.samples package is not included in the default jar - this
is done on purpose. Since you probably dump cocoon.jar in your tomcat/lib
directory and use the default webapp, Cocoon can't load the parentcm.*
classes (since they are loaded by the webapp's classloader and not by the
root CL) and this causes the first Exception.

If everything else fails, go to the webapp's web.xml and remove the
init-param related to the parent component manager. This should keep cocoon
from loading the class.

/LS

----

AW: latest C2 not working

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi,

try a clean build (remove the build directory) and clean-up
the work directory of your servlet engine before starting.

Carsten