Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Gregor Kaczor <gk...@gmx.de> on 2011/08/12 22:27:28 UTC

Serializable SpellCheckResponse

I am using apache wicket and apache solr.
In wicket i am passing QueryResponse to several classes which worked
fine until I started using SpellChecking.
Wicket is serializing objects in order to store them between requests.
QueryResponse implements Serializable but SpellCheckResponse which is a
member field of QueryResponse does not. This leads to Exceptions.

My questions are:

Is there a good reason for SpellCheckResponse (and TermsResponse) not to
implement Serializable?

Kind Regards

Gregor

--
How to find files on the Internet? FindFiles.net <http://findfiles.net>!

Re: Serializable SpellCheckResponse

Posted by Gregor Kaczor <gk...@gmx.de>.
I opened a JIRA issue for : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2710

You are right about LoadableDetachableModel, i had a look at it. It is
an option but this solution would put unnecessary load on the index
servers and network which i would like to avoid. After all local
serialisation is faster on small resultsets then requesting it over
network again.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.