Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2002/08/30 13:26:51 UTC

[ANN] Cocoon pipelines captor

Captor is a tool that lets you see the XML being produced by each
transformer in a Cocoon pipeline. Currently it only works with Cocoon
2.03, and not yet with 2.1. Implementation-wise captor works like the
profiler included with cocoon, but instead of storing the time spent in
each transformer, it stores the SAX-events that came out of each
transformer.

For more information and download, see:

http://outerthought.net/captor.html

bruno@outerthought.org

Re: [ANN] Cocoon pipelines captor

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On 30 Aug 2002, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:51, Stephan Michels wrote:
> >

> > On 30 Aug 2002, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >
> > > Captor is a tool that lets you see the XML being produced by each
> > > transformer in a Cocoon pipeline. Currently it only works with Cocoon
> > > 2.03, and not yet with 2.1. Implementation-wise captor works like the
> > > profiler included with cocoon, but instead of storing the time spent in
> > > each transformer, it stores the SAX-events that came out of each
> > > transformer.
> > >
> > > For more information and download, see:
> > >
> > > http://outerthought.net/captor.html
> >
> > Very cool ;-) That's make bugtracking very easy. I see that many code
> > is similar to the Profiler components. That gives me the idea to
> > merge both code bases, and to have ultimative Profiling/Debug
> > component. What's your option? Do you have anything against this?
>
> I certainly have nothing against that. It would be good to reduce the
> amount of code to maintain.

That's good to hear.

> On the other hand, there's probably little
> use to running the captor and profiler at the same time, since the
> captor might influence the performance figures.

This can be set by the configuration ;-) So I will try to merge them
at the weekend. Your 'Captor' can be very helpful!

Thanks, Stephan Michels.

Re: [ANN] Cocoon pipelines captor

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 14:51, Stephan Michels wrote:

> On 30 Aug 2002, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> > Captor is a tool that lets you see the XML being produced by each
> > transformer in a Cocoon pipeline. Currently it only works with Cocoon
> > 2.03, and not yet with 2.1. Implementation-wise captor works like the
> > profiler included with cocoon, but instead of storing the time spent in
> > each transformer, it stores the SAX-events that came out of each
> > transformer.
> >
> > For more information and download, see:
> >
> > http://outerthought.net/captor.html
>
> Very cool ;-) That's make bugtracking very easy. I see that many code
> is similar to the Profiler components. That gives me the idea to
> merge both code bases, and to have ultimative Profiling/Debug
> component. What's your option? Do you have anything against this?

I certainly have nothing against that. It would be good to reduce the
amount of code to maintain. On the other hand, there's probably little

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On 30 Aug 2002, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Captor is a tool that lets you see the XML being produced by each
> transformer in a Cocoon pipeline. Currently it only works with Cocoon
> 2.03, and not yet with 2.1. Implementation-wise captor works like the
> profiler included with cocoon, but instead of storing the time spent in
> each transformer, it stores the SAX-events that came out of each
> transformer.
>
> For more information and download, see:
>
> http://outerthought.net/captor.html

Very cool ;-) That's make bugtracking very easy. I see that many code
is similar to the Profiler components. That gives me the idea to
merge both code bases, and to have ultimative Profiling/Debug
component. What's your option? Do you have anything against this?

Stephan Michels.