Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 16:20:29 UTC

Release process documentation

Hi is there any page newer than what we have here regarding the release
process?

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ReleaseHowTo

The information leaks vital information regarding the entire staging
part the nexus server now plays. I had to go through a lot of trial and
error to get everything together, as release newby so to say.

Werner

Re: Release process documentation

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I checked apache-parent-8 and there are no changes necessary. This
release process still works fine!

However, you can now also create a -source-release.tar.gz in addition
to the -source-release.zip by setting
-DsourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor=source-release-zip-tar.

Also: I like to use this description [1] for doing a release.

Regards,
Jakob

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

--