Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/03/21 10:45:34 UTC

Re: a wrapper for Mail::SpamAssassin::Client

Ricardo SIGNES writes:
> Hi!  I'm planning to write a library for myself to wrap using
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Client, to return an object summarizing the results of
> checking, having extracted things like tests/score from the message in the
> response.  If I release it to the CPAN, my first choice would be
> M::SA::C::Simple, or something like that.
>
> Would the SA team prefer I keep my hands out of the M::SA namespace?
>
> I know that Mail::SA::Client's interface is likely to change, and I promise to
> keep my own wrapper up to date. :)

I think it's fine; go for it!

Thanks for this btw; sounds interesting ;)

--j.

Re: a wrapper for Mail::SpamAssassin::Client

Posted by Ricardo SIGNES <rj...@cpan.org>.
* Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> [2007-03-21T05:45:34]
> Ricardo SIGNES writes:
> > Hi!  I'm planning to write a library for myself to wrap using
> > Mail::SpamAssassin::Client, to return an object summarizing the results of
> > checking, having extracted things like tests/score from the message in the
> > response.  If I release it to the CPAN, my first choice would be
> > M::SA::C::Simple, or something like that.
>
> I think it's fine; go for it!
>
> Thanks for this btw; sounds interesting ;)

I uploaded Mail-SpamAssassin-SimpleClient 0.001 last night.  It needs more
testing and I have a bunch of things I'd like to do with it, but you'll get the
idea.

In the near future, I may join the sa-dev list to see if I can convince someone
to make some changes to the spamd protocol (or to figure out how to make them
myself) to make things awesomer.

Share and enjoy!

--
rjbs