Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peng Tuck Kwok <pe...@makmal.net> on 2003/01/10 09:10:06 UTC

Re: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

I have experience that before, but that was my fault rather than tomcat.
I put the source jar instead of the driver binary. Other than that  DBCP
worked as described in the tomcat documents. Cannot load JDBC driver
class null usually means that it couldn't find the jdbc driver that you
specified in the server.xml .

Posted by Shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>.
I had that error too.

In my case it had to do with how I configured web.xml and server.xml.

I was able to get the example from the docs working but when switching to
/root context got mixed up.

You aren't using the root context are you?

In any case, I would double check again server.xml and web.xml and compare
them to the examples.  That's where my driver class 'null' problem arose.

Shawn

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

Posted by David Durst <dd...@larubber.com>.