Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/12/13 01:42:14 UTC

Re: Using the xhtml2 plugin as final dispatcher plugin

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >Tim Williams escribi??:

> >>So can we just clear out the xhtml2 plugin and use that?  That's
> >>really what it was intended for Views+XHTML2 IIRC.  I think it's safe
> >>to remove most everything in there except the xhtml2_subset.xml file.
> >>Everything else in there is OBE.
> >>
> >>I'd personally rather see that, rather than YAVRP (yet another
> >>view-related plugin) ;)
> >
> >I agree with Tim and would start to
> >a) clean the xhtml2 from v1
> >b) starting to add refactored structurer (*.fv) and contracts (*.ft) to
> >the xhtml2 plugin
> >c) removing v2 when finished the migration.
> >
> >wdyt?
>
> Since you don't say it is lazy consensus...
>
> +1

The default is lazy consensus. So just get on with the job
unless someone asks to stop, review, perhaps revert.

-David

Re: Using the xhtml2 plugin as final dispatcher plugin

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mar, 13-12-2005 a las 11:42 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > >Tim Williams escribi??:

> > >I agree with Tim and would start to
> > >a) clean the xhtml2 from v1
> > >b) starting to add refactored structurer (*.fv) and contracts (*.ft) to
> > >the xhtml2 plugin
> > >c) removing v2 when finished the migration.
> > >
> > >wdyt?
> >
> > Since you don't say it is lazy consensus...
> >
> > +1
>
> The default is lazy consensus. So just get on with the job
> unless someone asks to stop, review, perhaps revert.

Actually I had a look on the involved tasks and IMO it is easier to just
copy the xhtml2 specific stuff (documents, samples and stylesheet) to
the dispatcher then the other way around.

I think it is better to "implode" the plugins, meaning to use v2 to
shrink and remove unneeded resources.

salu2
--
thorsten