Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de> on 2006/10/31 13:53:56 UTC

Dynamically creating a form from XML with cforms

Hi list,

I am an newbie to cocoon (but not to Java and web technologies). I would
like to use cocoon to generate a html form for a given XML data file. The
XML is defined in an XSD schema. Ideally I would like to have only to
supply my XML data and the XSD and than have (*doMiracle()*) cocoon
generate the appropriate html form... From what I understand so far
cocoon's cform block and its binding mechanisms should be just sweet for
the job. I have looked at the sample apps that come with the 2.1.9 src and
have been playing around with them for a day now. What I can't seem to
find is a howto on what exactly I need to do to achieve my goal. Can
anyone help me with a bit of input on howto go about this - or maybe point
me to a tutorial that covers these topics?

TIA, Jan

Re: Dynamically creating a form from XML with cforms

Posted by Jan Behrens <Ja...@offis.de>.
Thanks a lot Derek! I will be diving into the example given in the Wiki
and see how it goes.

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
Jan