Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de> on 2010/12/23 10:27:42 UTC

modifying properties while creating files in archetype

Hi,

while creating an archetype, file names can be substituted by putting
filenames like __myProperty__Foo.java. This works like a charm but I'd
like to have more control over the properties that are available.
Ideally, I'd like to add more properties programatically while the
archetype is running.

Use case: when creating a new project from the archetype users have to
specify the name of the service they are invoking, e.g. "Salesforce". I
would like to generate a file based on the lowercase name of that
service name (e.g. translate "Salesforce" to "salesforce"). Is this
possible?

-dirk