Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Thamizhazhagan B <Th...@kp.org> on 2021/10/12 19:42:02 UTC

Boost query with phrase slop

Hi,

We would like to order search results as below:

User input: solr query analysis

Results :  (in same order) - exact match at top following by partial match then by individual words

Solr query analysis is the best practice
solr query is good for analysis
query analysis in solr is good
solr is key player in search world
query your requirements
analysis always gives better results

Thought of using Phrase slop. Can you please suggest any reference to address above ask?

Thanks,
Thamizh

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295  Thank you.

Re: Boost query with phrase slop

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
You could use the dismax (or edismax) query parser along with the phrase
boosting parameters:
1)
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/the-dismax-query-parser.html#pf-phrase-fields-parameter

2)
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_10/the-dismax-query-parser.html#ps-phrase-slop-parameter

Using the default PS should be fine to satisfy your use case.
If you include a multi-field search in the game, then be careful as you may
get unexpected behaviours (scoring becomes much more complex)

Cheers
Alessandro Benedetti
Apache Lucene/Solr Committer
Director, R&D Software Engineer, Search Consultant

www.sease.io

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.