Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by RamanaJV <ra...@esntechnologies.co.in> on 2002/07/01 13:01:18 UTC

Could not compile

Hi everyone,
	I'm trying to compile the source files through build.bat and it
fails saying the following error

F:\fop-0.20.3-src\fop-0.20.3\build.xml:590: Cannot use classic compiler, as
it is not available A
 common solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your jdk
directory.

But, I have jdk installed here. I use JDK 1.4.  I'm new to this fop
development and want to work on this project. Any help please.

Ramana.JV.

Re: Could not compile

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
You probably have your JAVA_HOME pointing to a jre directory. It needs
to be a jdk directory that contains extra jars.