Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by "G, Ajay (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <aj...@nokia.com> on 2019/02/27 08:49:24 UTC

Spark-History ACLS

Hello,

I was trying spark-history acl security on spark-2.4. I have written a authentication filter which handles user authentication. This is the spark-config I have used.

spark.ui.filters com.ag.spark.AuthenticationFilter

spark.acls.enable true
spark.history.ui.acls.enable true
spark.history.ui.admin.acls ajay
spark.history.ui.admin.acls.groups ajay
spark.ui.view.acls ajay
spark.ui.view.acls.groups ajay

When ACLS is enabled all users (users who don't have view permission) can access  <history-server>/api/v1/applications and when I hit any specific application-id only then securityManager.setAcl() is internally called.
Is this behaviour expected ? If yes, "Can this be documented in the user guide.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay