Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org> on 2015/10/27 18:48:14 UTC

[VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

All,

The IP Clearance process for the Alibaba JStorm code donation has completed.

The IP Clearance Status document can be found here:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/storm-jstorm.html <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/storm-jstorm.html>

The source code can be found at https://github.com/alibaba/jstorm <https://github.com/alibaba/jstorm> with the following git commit SHA: e935da91a897797dad56e24c4ffa57860ac91878

This is a VOTE to accept the code donation, and import the donated code into the Apache Storm git repository. Discussion regarding how to proceed with merging the codebases can take place in separate thread.

[ ] +1 Accept the Alibaba JStorm code donation.
[ ] +0 Indifferent
[ ] -1 Do not accept the code donation because…

This VOTE will be open for at least 72 hours.

-Taylor

Re: 答复: [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuve <su...@gmail.com>.
+1, we are doing some improvements to Jstorm. Would like to contribute back
in the future with the approval of the community.

Thanks,
Supun..

--
Supun Kamburugamuva
E-mail: supun06@gmail.com;  Mobile: +1 812 369 6762

Re: 答复: [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by Sean Zhong <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Cody Innowhere <e....@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "方孝健(玄弟)" <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>.
+1

The source code can be found at https://github.com/alibaba/jstorm with the following git commit SHA: e935da91a897797dad56e24c4ffa57860ac91878

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1

--
Derek

________________________________

Posted by Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by "wuchong.wc" <wu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
 +1 (binding)
-Harsha

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@apache.org>.
This vote is now closed with 9 binding +1 votes, 5 non-binding +1 votes, and no +0 or -1 votes.

Vote tally (* indicates a binding vote):

+1:
Bobby Evans*
Derek Dagit*
Parth Brahmbhatt*
P. Taylor Goetz*
Priyank Shah
Sriharsha Chintalapani*
Jungtaek Lim*
Nathan Marz*
Andy Feng*
刘键(夏蒅)
Wuchong wc
方孝健(玄弟)
Cody Innowhere
Sean Zhong*
Supun Kamburugamuve

I will update the IP Clearance document and proceed with importing the code. I will also follow up with some emails to kickstart discussion around how to address integrating the two projects/communities.

Please join me in welcoming the JStorm developers to the Apache Storm community.

-Taylor

Posted by Andy Feng <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Andy Feng

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Nathan Marz <na...@nathanmarz.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

答复:[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by "董彬(三饼)" <do...@alibaba-inc.com>.
好屌!------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:熊君武(劲鸾) <ju...@alibaba-inc.com>发送时间:2015年11月3日(星期二) 10:36收件人:封仲淹(纪君祥) <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>,dev <de...@storm.apache.org>,jstorm-user <js...@googlegroups.com>抄 送:jstorm-user <js...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,aloha-dev <al...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,蒋江伟(小邪) <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>,沈金堤(路奇) <lu...@taobao.com>主 题:Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

    真牛!恭喜!! !

    在 2015/11/2 23:02, 封仲淹(纪君祥) 写道:

          It is a great honor to join the
              Storm community.

          In the past four years, the
              Alibaba Storm/JStorm Cluster becomes one of the biggest
              clusters in the world. The number of applications is
               above 1000.  Every day the JStorm Cluster handles 1.5
              PB/2 Trillion messages. The use cases in Alibaba are not
              only in BigData  field but also in  many online systems.

          As the JStorm has been used all
              over Alibaba, those applications drive  the JStorm
              platform envolving faster and faster, in the last two
              years, the JStorm has implemented  numerous powerful
              features   such as Backpressure, Dynamic High Level Batch,
              Stable Nimbus HA, More beautiful web UI, CGroup Module,
              Classloader, TopologyMaster etc.

          The latest JStorm has ready been
              demostrated in http://storm.taobao.org .

          I think today is a great day for
              both Storm and JStorm community.  From now on, the JStorm
              community will merge into the Storm Community. The JStorm
              will donate one java core to the Storm, and more and more
              developers will envolve into the Storm developing, which
              will certainly speed up the Storm evolution .

          With our efforts,  the new Apache
              Storm will have a better future I believe.

          Thanks
          Longda

          From:P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@apache.org>
          Send Time:2015年10月31日(星期六) 02:28
          To:dev <de...@storm.apache.org>
          Subject:[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code

                wrote:

[...]

祝好 :)
劲鸾-共享-数据应用,Tel:72560/18612985126,通惠 B7-H007

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by "熊君武(劲鸾)" <ju...@alibaba-inc.com>.
真牛!恭喜!! !

Posted by "叶严杰(三君)" <sa...@taobao.com>.
大赞!恭喜JStorm团队!
------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:封仲淹(纪君祥) <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>发送时间:2015年11月2日(星期一) 23:02收件人:dev <de...@storm.apache.org>,jstorm-user <js...@googlegroups.com>抄 送:jstorm-user <js...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,aloha-dev <al...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,蒋江伟(小邪) <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>,沈金堤(路奇) <lu...@taobao.com>主 题:Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

------------------------------------------------------------------From:P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@apache.org>Send Time:2015年10月31日(星期六) 02:28To:dev <de...@storm.apache.org>Subject:[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by "陈竞(公诚)" <go...@taobao.com>.
恭喜Jstorm团队!------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:王瑾华(耕夫) <ji...@alibaba-inc.com>发送时间:2015年11月3日(星期二) 09:06收件人:封仲淹(纪君祥) <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>抄 送:dev <de...@storm.apache.org>,jstorm-user <js...@googlegroups.com>,jstorm-user <js...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,aloha-dev <al...@list.alibaba-inc.com>,蒋江伟(小邪) <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>,沈金堤(路奇) <lu...@taobao.com>主 题:Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation
恭喜啊。
在 2015年11月2日,下午11:02,封仲淹(纪君祥) <zh...@alibaba-inc.com> 写道:It is a great honor to join the Storm community.

Re: 答复: 答复:[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

Posted by "姜文锋(令吾)" <we...@alibaba-inc.com>.
  牛逼,恭喜!

Posted by "章向明(莫向)" <xi...@alibaba-inc.com>.
恭喜JSTORM取得的成绩!祝Storm2发展越来越好!

收件人: 罗亮(熊坦); 冯成林(燕赤); 封仲淹(纪君祥); 'dev'; 'jstorm-user'
抄送: jstorm-user; aloha-dev; 蒋江伟(小邪); 沈金堤(路奇)
主题: 答复: 答复:[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Alibaba JStorm Code Donation

牛B,JStorm 应该叫Storm2.0才对了。

Posted by 光法 <da...@alibaba-inc.com>.
屌屌的!!!Storm威武!!!