Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/23 17:56:12 UTC

Auto detect with continuum

Does any body have an idea of setting up an auto detect with continuum...goal
is for continuum to build projects upon commit of code by developer to CVS.

Basically Continuum monitors cvs projects and triggers build upon commit of
new code to project.

Thanks

Re: Auto detect with continuum

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
This feature isn't implemented yet.

Posted by AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
there is an option to 'Build Fresh' that will remove the previous
checkout and force a fresh checkout of that project.

you might just be able to do that for the top level project and that
change would cascade into the other projects.

let me know if that works for you, if it doesn't then it might be
something we need to take a look at.

jesse

On 1/23/07, AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> we currently have about 12 projects on an hourly schedule in continuum. These
> projects were loaded into continuum as Maven 2 projects(url points to CVS).
> In the continuum logs i have noticed that if no new code is commited to cvs,
> it would skip the project and build the next. All the projects are built on
> the default hourly schedule in continuum.
>
> I am trying to figure out if continuum would build each project in order(
> according to their dependencies)..
> I believe this is called building recursively, correct me if am i am wrong.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jesse McConnell wrote:
> >
> > that switch just kills the processing of modules during the building
> > of that module, which is fine since the modules exist as other
> > projects in continuum and get their own build cycle/definition.
> >
> > are you having a problem or something?
> >
> > On 1/23/07, AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> would I have to take out the --non-recursive switch in the build goal of
> >> the
> >> projects

> >> commit

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > jesse mcconnell
> > jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Auto detect with continuum

Posted by AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
that switch just kills the processing of modules during the building
of that module, which is fine since the modules exist as other
projects in continuum and get their own build cycle/definition.

are you having a problem or something?

On 1/23/07, AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> would I have to take out the --non-recursive switch in the build goal of the
> projects
>

> Jesse McConnell wrote:
> >
> > thats the default behavior...it monitors for changes on the target
> > scm, when it detects changes it rebuilds that module, and any module
> > using that module as a dependency (in m2 projects)
> >
> > jesse
> >
> > On 1/23/07, AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Does any body have an idea of setting up an auto detect with
> >> continuum...goal
> >> is for continuum to build projects upon commit of code by developer to
> >> CVS.
> >>
> >> Basically Continuum monitors cvs projects and triggers build upon commit
> >> of
> >> new code to project.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > jesse mcconnell
> > jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Auto detect with continuum

Posted by AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
thats the default behavior...it monitors for changes on the target
scm, when it detects changes it rebuilds that module, and any module
using that module as a dependency (in m2 projects)

jesse

On 1/23/07, AyoContinuum <ao...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does any body have an idea of setting up an auto detect with continuum...goal
> is for continuum to build projects upon commit of code by developer to CVS.
>
> Basically Continuum monitors cvs projects and triggers build upon commit of
> new code to project.
>
> Thanks

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com