Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2020/02/01 08:00:44 UTC

Re: Problem with File Transfer over RDP

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 09:55 smiranda <sm...@optimisa.cl> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Still haven't been able to make file transfers but I would like to have
> your
> confirmation on something. If we don't get file transfer to work we will
> not
> be able to print from the remote server, am I right?

Printing via RDP within Guacamole uses the same file transfer mechanism,
yes.

> Our Guacamole is installed on Ubuntu, with Tomcat7 and NGINX

What version of Nginx?

What specific version of Tomcat 7?

Can you share your Nginx configuration?

- Mike

Re: Problem with File Transfer over RDP

Posted by tedd77 <in...@quantiss.com>.
Hello,

I am encountering an issue with file transfer on Apache guacamole behind a
reverse proxy.
Protocol used RDP, any file size higher than 1M is failing with following
error :

please check your system settings, or check with your system administrator.”

Being aware of file limitation on guacamole behind an NGINX, increasing the
file size using the client_max_body_size did not help,
Could be that I am not settings in into the right place.
I tried in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf as well as into
/etc/nginx/sites-available/domain_name.conf with no vain.

Tried to follow these links with no results either.

Could someone help me solve this issue.

Best regards

Re: Problem with File Transfer over RDP

Posted by smiranda <sm...@optimisa.cl>.
Hello Mike,

We have checked all configuration and set nginx.conf according to the
manual, please see the attached file.

After restarting services, Guacamole works normally but still not able to
transfer files.

nginx.conf
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t1136/nginx.conf>

Could you please tell us what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastián

Re: Problem with File Transfer over RDP

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 5:59 AM smiranda <sm...@optimisa.cl> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Please find below the actual version and configuration
>
> root@guacamole:~# apt list --installed | grep nginx
>
> WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface yet. Use with caution in
> scripts.
>
> nginx/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9 all [installed]

This should be fine - Nginx 1.3 and later support WebSocket.

> tomcat7-docs/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
> [installed]

This should be fine - Tomcat 7.0.37 and later support WebSocket.

> Respaldo_Nginx.gz
> <http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t1136/Respaldo_Nginx.gz>

Your Nginx configuration doesn't match what we've documented for
setting up Nginx as a reverse proxy for Guacamole:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/proxying-guacamole.html#nginx

You should use our documented, known-good configuration as a basis and
move forward from there.

I also notice the following comment in your configuration, right above
where there are a set of configuration lines relevant to WebSocket:

    # Enabling websockets using the first 3 lines; Check
/var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out while testing; guacamole will show you a
fallback message if websockets fail to work.

Going forward, you should do as it suggests if things are not behaving
as expected.

Also worth noting, the following pair of lines was within your config:

    # Just something that was advised by someone from the dev team;
worked fine without it too.
    proxy_cookie_path /guacamole/ /;

Your current configuration does not change the path that Guacamole is
served from. It doesn't make sense to have this line if you are not
changing the path.

- Mike

Re: Problem with File Transfer over RDP

Posted by smiranda <sm...@optimisa.cl>.
Hello Mike,

Please find below the actual version and configuration

root@guacamole:~# apt list --installed | grep nginx

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface yet. Use with caution in
scripts.

nginx/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9 all [installed]
nginx-common/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9 all
[installed,automatic]
nginx-core/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 1.4.6-1ubuntu3.9 amd64
[installed,automatic]
root@guacamole:~# apt list --installed | grep tomcat

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface yet. Use with caution in
scripts.

libtomcat7-java/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
[installed,automatic]
tomcat7/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
[installed]
tomcat7-admin/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
[installed]
tomcat7-common/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
[installed,automatic]
tomcat7-docs/trusty-updates,trusty-security,now 7.0.52-1ubuntu0.16 all
[installed]

Respaldo_Nginx.gz
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t1136/Respaldo_Nginx.gz>

Hope you can help me.