Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Hansi Klose <ha...@web.de> on 2014/05/13 10:58:16 UTC

hbase shell - how to get the key with oldest timestamp

Hi because of the Issue

i want to start my verification job with a starttime.

To verify the whole time range i need the oldest timestamp in that table.

I it possible with the hbase shell to get the key with the oldest timestamp?

So that i can use this timestamp as starttime in my verifyrep job.

Regards Hansi

Aw: Re: hbase shell - how to get the key with oldest timestamp

Posted by Hansi Klose <ha...@web.de>.
Thank you John,

i will use a very old timestamp for the job.

Regards Hansi

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Have you tried something like this?

get 't1', 'r1', {COLUMN => 'c1', TIMERANGE => [ts1, ts2], VERSIONS => 1}

Where ts1 is a very old date and ts2 is today?

does it gives you the most recent one? Or the oldest one? I did not tried...

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hansi:
HBASE-10395 is fixed in 0.98.0

Have you considered upgrading to 0.98.x ?

Cheers

Posted by john guthrie <gr...@gmail.com>.