Posted to users@maven.apache.org by su...@wipro.com on 2009/12/09 10:53:58 UTC

[Maven 2, SCM 1.2] SCM CM/Synergy Provider

Not sure if this was already posted. I am not recieving any response nor
this email.

Hi,

Incase i want to customise CM/Synergy provider plugin used with Maven
SCM plugin, what are the minimum steps i should do?

Can any of the developers/users tell me some useful steps OR links/urls
to proceed with my coding?

I want to know basically how to setup my environment to do some coding
with Maven SCM and/or SCM providers project.

I have installed tortoiseSVN (using Windows platform).

Regards
Subir

www.wipro.com

RE: [Maven 2, SCM 1.2] SCM CM/Synergy Provider

Posted by su...@wipro.com.
Thanks Wendy!

Was just confirming if the mail reached the mailing list.

I am trying to modify scm synergy provider to include support for remote
synergy clients.
What I mean by that is the command 'ccm start -nogui -m -q -n user -pw
pass -r build_mgr' starts a session to Synergy database from
commandline. However this is for clients running on the same machine as
the server or for clients which mount the server db using NFS.

For clients which connect to the remote synergy db in Linux should used
-rc option also.

So I want to modify the provider to add support for remote clients also,
and for that options I have (with my meagre knowledge on the whole SCM
plugin) are:
A.) To modify the existing signature of the SynergyCCM.start() method
and parameter to identify remoteClient.
B.) OR Write a new method startRemote() with same parameters, but add
-rc option unconditionally in this method.
C.) Then whether it is A.) or B.) I will have to first call start() and
see if that was successful, if not call startRemote() from
SynergyUtil.start() method.

Although I am not sure whether this is the correct approach. So I wanted
to check with the dev list once.

I had filed a JIRA isssue http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-505
earlier. Since this is a blocker for me, I have to figure out a solution
anyway.

Subir

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--