Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Per Løvmo <Pe...@epmtech.jotne.com> on 2003/07/24 12:31:18 UTC

[users@httpd] https configure question

Hi all,

A partner has developed an "repository" running on a tomcat (version 3.2.3).
This web server is then responsible for handling https messages (and works
as expected). I've succeeded communicating with it through the use of a soap
library (test program).

I've created a GUI-thingy which should collect data from "repository" via
soap, and first thought was that the tomcat (version 4.1.12) which I use,
don't need to know about https, since that is handled through the soap
library (yes the certificate++ is set correctly here).

But I get in the browser:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: unknown protocol: https
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:2
48)
and the "debug" report says:
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:475)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:371)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:325)
        at
com.Alenia.rtp1113.wp8.SoapHandler.soapOrb.ProxySoap.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
com.Alenia.rtp1113.wp8.SoapHandler.soapProxies.EntryDeveloperBusinessDelegat
eProxy.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jsp.testRepositoryLogin_jsp._jspService(testRepositoryLogin_jsp.j
ava:56)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:136)

I then did install the JSSE, put the library appropriately and put in the
server.xml:
               enableLookups="true"
	       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false"
keystoreFile="C:\alenia\repository\tomcat\conf\tomcat.keystore"
               keystorePass="Alenia" protocol="TLS"/>
    </Connector>

But I still get the same error in the browser and "debug" report...

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Best Regards
Per