Posted to general@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/08/31 02:19:31 UTC

[ANN] James v2.2.0a10 Test Build

The James v2.2.0a10 test build is available at
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/james-server/test-build/.

Change in this test build from James v2.2.0a9 include:

  * Added new FetchMail service, enhanced and backported
    from the MAIN branch.

  * Upgraded to dnsjava v1.4.0 form v1.3.2.

  * Added support for mbox format repositories

  * Added batch delete and better exception reporting to
    mail repositories.

  * Improved construction of MailImpl from MimeMessage.
    However, code that has the correct information would
    be better to avoid the MailImpl(MimeMessage) constructor.

  * NEW JDBC Repositories will support mail attributes by
    default.  EXISTING JDBC repositories require a manual
    upgrade of their table structure in order to take
    advantage of Mail Attributes.

  * Corrected resource leak in FetchPOP (but start to use
    FetchMail, as FetchPOP is being deprecated).

The major enhancements are FetchMail and mbox support.  The remainder are
mostly bug fixes.

Note for J2SE 1.3 users: this is the second test version of James that uses
DBCP by default.  DBCP requires javax.sql.DataSource, so you may need to
either download and install the JDBC optional package binary from
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html, or switch back to using
mordred.  Many systems will already have this package installed.

Please test, and report any problems, anomalies, performance changes (good
or bad), etc.

	--- Noel

Re: [ANN] James v2.2.0a10 Test Build

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
What would it take to make this a non-alpha release?  The shift from
2.1.X to 2.2.X is becoming huge (feature-wise).

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: James, SSL and outside-world server

Posted by WebMaster <we...@wolf.homelinux.net>.
> SSL t accepted for ad-hoc SMTP server-server communication... just
> client-server or specific server-server setups.

Thanks a lot :-)

RE: James, SSL and outside-world server

Posted by Manuel Soto <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Is there a way to setup sendmail to use smtp/SSL. I'm going to setup an
Extranet and SSL is required.

Thanks in advance,
Manuel

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Looks good.  I added the SSL socket factory section.  Please check.

	--- Noel

RE: James, SSL and outside-world server

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Also done. Please have a look.

Vincenzo

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Done. Please have a look.

Vincenzo

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

RE: [ANN] James v2.2.0a10 Test Build

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
>   * NEW JDBC Repositories will support mail attributes by
>     default.  EXISTING JDBC repositories require a manual
>     upgrade of their table structure in order to take
>     advantage of Mail Attributes.

> Is there any table-upgrade advice and guidance?

 (a) The above is wrong.  The default was accidently left out of v2.2.0a10,
so
     you need to uncomment some statements in sqlResources.xml to enable it.
 (b)
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?James/UpgradingToAttributes

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Is there any table-upgrade advice and guidance?

Thanks,

Marco