Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com> on 2000/09/21 14:46:15 UTC

Re: the master build (was Re: martin fowler paper on continuous integration)

We've had our build results on internal web pages for
almost 3 years. Very simple process:

  1. Build script re-directs all messages
     to a log file.

  2. Build script launches a separate program
     that 'watches' the log and every 15 seconds
     updates a web page that show's the build's
     status. That web page has on it links that
     show us the complete build log, or summary
     information. It also has links that execute
     CGI scripts to kill a running build, or
     start a build.

XML and servlets will also do the job, but servlets
didn't even exist when we started, so we use HTML
and CGI.