Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Daniel Lilienberg <dl...@globecom.se> on 1999/10/19 10:36:29 UTC

general/5168: HTTPD gets broken pipe when error 404

>Number:         5168
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       HTTPD gets broken pipe when error 404
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
HTTPD runs perfectly until 8-10 in the morning when INFOSEEK searches for /robots.txt
on one of my virtual hosts. I have no error-document, and the log files from apache says:

SIGHUP received, attempting to restart...
then.....
Broken Pipe (client socket), Error 32   (about 70 pcs.)

The silly thing is, I haven't send the SIGHUP. Does apache do that itself ?
httpd doesn't restart, and I have to do it. A apachestl start won't do...
>How-To-Repeat:
ariel.globecom.net:8080/error.html
>Fix:
No, but Apache 1.3.6 works fine with same configure-options and httpd.conf.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]