Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Daniel Brahneborg <ba...@home.se> on 2004/04/10 00:47:51 UTC

TDK 2.3 problem: "Requested Page not found: Default"

Hi all,

I just installed TDK 2.3, and after setting the tdk.home path,
the project name etc according to the howto, I get the following
error. Not even the "newapp" works. I tried adding pages/Default.vm
as well as a pages/Default.java, but it didn't make any difference.
I've read everything I can find, and searched google like crazy,
but can't find any clues that actually help.

Would I be better off backing down to TDK 2.2?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

/Basic

Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

	Requested Page not found: Default
	Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
	[com.anrefco.cohibeo.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]

	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.getInstance(PageLoader.java:207)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:136)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:796)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:494)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1040)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1151)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Re: TDK 2.3 problem: "Requested Page not found: Default"

Posted by Daniel Brahneborg <ba...@home.se>.
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 01:11:05PM +0100, mkblueyonder wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> Yes a cut and paste victim from:
> 	http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/extend-user-howto.html

I thought it looked familiar. :)

> As for the logger these are the extra lines from "log4j.properties" (you may
> have
> Log4j.properties) in conf. I moved to it classes and lowercased it but you
> may not have to do that. To be honest I find the logging stuff a black art
> that is best left alone.
> 	log4j.logger.org.apache.torque.engine = DEBUG, turbine
> 	log4j.additivity.org.apache.torque.engine = false

I have a Log4j.properties in conf, yes.
Adding those two lines didn't make any difference.

> But then if you are using Hibernate why worry about Torque logging?

I just don't like warnings.

> As for the support - yes the CVS commits continue. The move towards
> Maven should also be beneficial.

Good.

/Basic

RE: TDK 2.3 problem: "Requested Page not found: Default"

Posted by mkblueyonder <mi...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Daniel,
Yes a cut and paste victim from:
	http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/extend-user-howto.html

replace "extending TurbineUser" with "using Hibernate" perhaps.

As for the logger these are the extra lines from "log4j.properties" (you may
have
Log4j.properties) in conf. I moved to it classes and lowercased it but you
may not have to do that. To be honest I find the logging stuff a black art
that is best left alone.
	log4j.logger.org.apache.torque.engine = DEBUG, turbine
	log4j.additivity.org.apache.torque.engine = false

But then if you are using Hibernate why worry about Torque logging?

As for the support - yes the CVS commits continue. The move towards
Maven should also be beneficial.
Best Regards,
Malcolm Kendall, NetVisionIT

Posted by Daniel Brahneborg <ba...@home.se>.
Hi,

Posted by mkblueyonder <mi...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Daniel,
I found all the same problems. The servlet.jar seems
to clash with the one in <tomcatdir>/common/lib. Removing
the webapps one seemed to solve it.
Log4J - I added a "org.apache.torque.engine" logger pointing
to the turbine appender. That seemed to make it happy.
haven't find out how to solve the first two messages.
The logging is working so it could be an initialisation order
problem.

Posted by Daniel Brahneborg <ba...@home.se>.
Hi,