Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/08/13 09:23:46 UTC

Framework Independence

Hello all,

In preparation for doing a release candidate, and later a real
release (soon after incubator graduation), I did a bit of work to
make it possible to run the framework without the applications
directory.

This included a new little feature in the entity engine to be able to
extend entities defined elsewhere using the "extend-entity" tag.
There were also a few things moved from applications to framework,
and from framework to applications. This included some important
things to note that have changed:

- control servlet request events (mainly checkLogin, login, logout,
checkExternalLoginKey, etc) are now in:
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginWorker

- the LoginEventListener (referred to in web.xml files) is now here:
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.LoginEventListener

These have been updated in all of the files in OFBiz so everything
should be working fine... If you run into anything please let me know
and I'll look into it right away!

For convenience (and since doing search and replace it's not really
any extra work... ;) ) attached are some patches for the financials
and crmsfa modules.

This gets us pretty close to ready to do a complete release and a
separate framework-only release. For those who want to just drop
their app into the framework, you can now run just about everything
even if the applications directory is not there, with exception of a
few pages like the entity performance tests in WebTools that refer to
the Party and Product entities and need to be changed, probably to
point to the Example and such entities.

-David

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Thanks for clarifying this. Neat.

David E. Jones sent the following on 8/13/2006 1:07 PM:

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
clarification:

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Yeah, that's an annoying part about these new lists... though I guess
it is good to have smaller messages going out, but we could do better
if just limited the attachment size instead of having to wiki an
attachment that is 1KB.

Here is page with the attachment:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/lgE

-David

Re: Framework Independence

Re: Graduation (was Re: Framework Independence)

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I'm in the Dallas area so it's a short jaunt down to
Austin and Austin is always a good time. I don't think
I would be interested in much of the other Apache
project presentations as most of the other projects
talk reminds me of Professor Frink and flux capacitors
with the exception of licensing.

I'd certainly be interested in getting together the
weekend before or after for an informal gethering to
discuss OFBiz and other things of interest.

--- "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: Framework Independence

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
What are you thoughts on graduation occuring before
ApacheCon 2006 in Austin (October 9-13)?  Will there