Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Priya Pinto <it...@rediffmail.com> on 2003/05/15 05:02:39 UTC

ASP Coding Guidelines

Hi All,

I am new to ASP and wanted to know if anyone could help me frame a
set of ASP Coding Guidelines. I could forward a copy of what I
have compiled and you could add on to it. Or you could help by
listing out specific areas and I could build on that.

Thanks
Priya

Re: ASP Coding Guidelines

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Priya Pinto wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to ASP and wanted to know if anyone could help me frame a set
> of ASP Coding Guidelines. I could forward a copy of what I have compiled
> and you could add on to it. Or you could help by listing out specific
> areas and I could build on that.

My best effort at this so far is at http://www.apache-asp.org/style.html

Other than this, I would say stick to perl programming conventions for
general perl scripting, and HTML / CSS / XML conventions for the rest.

Try to encapsulate & reuse components as much as possible, but don't
over engineer things generally.  If you have anything you can contribute
to the Apache::ASP docs, please post them to this list.

Regards,

Josh