Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/26 21:22:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.9

This is a vote to release the following artifacts as Commons SCXML 0.9:

  http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.9/RC1/

------------
[ ] +1 for release
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1 for release because...
------------

Notes:
 * There have been no changes to the artifacts since the RC was posted
to the above URL
 * Static analysis reports have been looked at (checkstyle, findbugs)
 * Sebb has suggested couple of good improvements to the test suite,
nothing critical for 0.9 I think
 * Since its a traveling weekend for me (starting pretty much now :-),
I will be a lot slower in responding to emails
 * Vote will run for atleast 72 hours, maybe more given its a holiday
weekend for some of us

TIA,
-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.9

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

-Rahul

P.S.- I'll be offline much of today and will close the vote in ~24 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.9

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Oliver Heger
<ol...@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> +1
>
> There are lots of checkstyle warnings, but I guess they are all uncritical.

<snip/>

Thanks, yes (most of the missing @param, @return bits are covered to
some extent by @see tags so its not as bad and the line width
requirement should probably be relaxed a bit now).

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
+1

There are lots of checkstyle warnings, but I guess they are all uncritical.

Oliver

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.9

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
This vote passes with 4 +1s (and no other votes) from:

Niall Pemberton
Oliver Heger
Phil Steitz
Rahul Akolkar

Thanks for all input and I'll complete the related tasks in a couple of days.

-Rahul

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> This is a vote to release the following artifacts as Commons SCXML 0.9:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/scxml/0.9/RC1/
>
> ------------
> [ ] +1 for release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1 for release because...
> ------------

+1
Phil

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Niall, comments below.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only thing I don't like is the release plugin changes the scm
> section in the pom.xml to point to the RC1 tag.
<snip/>

Ah, I now remember a similar discussion from the v0.8 vote. It seems
the subsequent thread I talk about in that post [A] never took place.
Of the two approaches to tagging when using the release plugin I talk
about in that post, it seems you and Phil may prefer (1) IIUC. I can
switch to that approach from the next release.

> However thats a minor
> nit and everything else looks good (tested on JDK 1.6) - so +1 from
> me.
>
> Also BeanUtils now has a 1.8.0 release and the Changes Plugin just
> release version 2.1[1] - thought I'd mention it as you might want to
> consider upgrading.

<snap/>

Yes, thanks, I've opened SCXML-97 [B] and will test and upgrade both soon.

-Rahul

[A] http://markmail.org/message/2vasnzfssajrc76u
[B] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-97

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons SCXML 0.9

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
The only thing I don't like is the release plugin changes the scm
section in the pom.xml to point to the RC1 tag. However thats a minor
nit and everything else looks good (tested on JDK 1.6) - so +1 from
me.

Also BeanUtils now has a 1.8.0 release and the Changes Plugin just
release version 2.1[1] - thought I'd mention it as you might want to
consider upgrading.

Niall

[1] http://maven.markmail.org/message/nnblgvjp5ylzvvgj