Posted to user@struts.apache.org by pirzada rashid <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 13:19:02 UTC

struts2-fullhibernatecore-plugin-2.2.2-GA with struts2 and Hibernate

Hi,

I am using struts2-fullhibernatecore-plugin-2.2.2-GA in a demo strut2
project with Hibernate. I tried my best but can not make it work. I am
using all the latest jars.

*Am I missing something?*

Please help

*ERROR LOG*

2012-09-14 02:06:50 - [  INFO -
SessionTransactionInjectorInterceptor:41 ] --> Full Hibernate Plugin
Validation could not detect Hibernate Validator 3.x
2012-09-14 02:06:50 - [  INFO -
SessionTransactionInjectorInterceptor:46 ] --> Full Hibernate Plugin
Validation using Hibernate Validator 4.x

*Library in my project*

[image: enter image description here]

*When I access page than get error*

java.lang.NullPointerException

    com.myapp.dao.CustomerDAOImpl.listCustomer(CustomerDAOImpl.java:26)
    com.myapp.web.CustomerAction.listCustomer(CustomerAction.java:47)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:453)......

*My CustomerDAOImpl.java*

package com.myapp.dao;

import com.googlecode.s2hibernate.struts2.plugin.annotations.SessionTarget;
import com.googlecode.s2hibernate.struts2.plugin.annotations.TransactionTarget;
import com.myapp.model.Customer;
import org.hibernate.Session;
import org.hibernate.Transaction;

import java.util.List;

public class CustomerDAOImpl implements CustomerDAO {

    @SessionTarget
    Session session;

    @TransactionTarget
    Transaction transaction;

    //add the customer
    public void addCustomer(Customer customer) {
        session.save(customer);
    }

    //return all the customers in list
    public List<Customer> listCustomer() {
        return session.createQuery("from Customer").list();
    }
}

*EDITED ************

 @SessionTarget
        Session session;

        @TransactionTarget
        Transaction transaction;

Problem is in the above code when Session and Transaction is injected. I am
wondering that this might be problem of
struts2-fullhibernatecore-plugin-2.2.2-GA not supporting

hibernate-release-4.1.6.Final
hibernate-validator-4.3.0.Final

because plugin site
http://code.google.com/p/full-hibernate-plugin-for-struts2/ mentioned that
only supported versions are

*This plugin is compatible with Hibernate Validator 3.1.0 and 4.0.2 (since
2.2 version)*.

*Is that the problem. Have anyone used this plugin with above mentioned
versions?*

*One more question: Can we use this plugin in the production environment?*

Re: struts2-fullhibernatecore-plugin-2.2.2-GA with struts2 and Hibernate

Posted by pirzada rashid <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. How initialize session where it should auto inject? . Please give
me example.

Posted by Alejandro <ap...@gmail.com>.