Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Houshang Livian <hl...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/08/16 21:08:36 UTC

Metron Community Meeting

Hello Metron Community Members,

Let’s get together this Thursday at 8AM to 9AM PST to discuss some community related topics. We can do a Q&A of the latest release (Metron 0.2.1) and discuss community bylaws.

This meeting is in place of our standing weekly requirements review meeting.

location:
https://hortonworks.zoom.us/my/houshang

Regards,
Houshang

Re: Metron Community Meeting

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.
For those that cannot attend, will this be recorded?

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016, James Sirota <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> Ill be attending
>
> 16.08.2016, 14:08, "Houshang Livian" <hlivian@hortonworks.com
> <javascript:;>>:
> > Hello Metron Community Members,
> >
> > Let’s get together this Thursday at 8AM to 9AM PST to discuss some
> community related topics. We can do a Q&A of the latest release (Metron
> 0.2.1) and discuss community bylaws.
> >
> > This meeting is in place of our standing weekly requirements review
> meeting.
> >
> > location:
> > https://hortonworks.zoom.us/my/houshang
> >
> > Regards,
> > Houshang
>
> -------------------
> Thank you,
>
> James Sirota
> PPMC- Apache Metron (Incubating)
> jsirota AT apache DOT org

Andrew

Subscribe to my book: Streaming Data <http://manning.com/psaltis>
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-psaltis/1/17b/306>
twiiter: @itmdata <http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=itmdata>

Re: Metron Community Meeting

Posted by James Sirota <js...@apache.org>.
Ill be attending

-------------------�

Posted by Johannes Schoenborn <jo...@owasp.org>.
Hi all,

guess that's my keyword to introduce myself, as I've been asking the
question ;)

I've been silently following the release of OpenSOC back then, always
being frustrated with ArcSight & co not detecting my pentests and always
curious about the idea to apply machine learning to the problem domain.

Long story (very) short: I'm currently working a case study about Metron
which is supposed to built the basis for a Master Thesis on the topc
which is supposed to built the basis for a dissertation.

Even if it was a short meeting it was really nice to see that there's
quite a movement behind this all :)

Looking forward to getting a clue about the setup and development flow,
Johannes

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Even if you post the summary to a wiki, sending out a notice to let people know where to  find it would help.

-Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.