Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2006/11/28 05:10:14 UTC

Lucene.Net 2.0 "beta" build 002 and Lucene.Net 1.9.1 "final" build 004 are released

Hi folks,

I just released Lucene.Net 2.0 and 1.9.1.  Here are the details for each of
those releases:

Lucene.Net.2.0 build 002 "Beta"
	- Lucene.Net.Demo.SearchFiles.cs -- parted new code
	- Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Get() -- changed Exception to
SystemException
	- Lucene.Net.Search.StringIndex.cs -- added a Close() method (to fix
sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.FieldCacheImpl.cs -- added a Close() method (to
fix sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.FieldSortHitQueue.cs -- added a Close() method
(to fix sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.cs -- added a Close() method (to
fix sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.MatchAllDocsQuery.Clone() -- removed this unused
methods
	- Lucene.Net.Search.MultiPhraseQuery.Clone() -- removed this unused
methods
	- Lucene.Net.Search.PrefixQuery.Clone() -- removed this unused
methods
	- Lucene.Net.Search.RangeQuery.Clone() -- removed this unused
methods
	- Lucene.Net.Index.FieldInfos.FieldName()/FieldInfo() -- avoid the
use of exception throwing
	- Issues:
Lucene.Net.Search.TestSort.TestInternationalMultiSearcherSort -- NUnit test
FAILS
	- Issues: Lucene.Net.Search.TestSort.TestInternationalSort -- NUnit
test FAILS

I am ready to label Lucene.Net 2.0 as "final" once I get a handle on the two
NUnit tests that are failing.  I believe they are failing due to a defect in
the test code of Lucene.Net and not the core code.  If anyone got the cycles
to look into this, please let me know.  I like to finalize this 2.0 release
so we can move on to start supporting .NET 2.0 and other Lucene port to C#.

Please start using 2.0 and let me know of any issues.

And now the release note for Lucene.Net 1.9.1 "final".

Lucene.Net.1.9.1 build 004 "final"
	- Lucene.Net.Index.FieldInfos.FieldName()/FieldInfo() -- avoid the
use of exception throwing
	- Lucene.Net.Search.StringIndex.cs -- added a Close() method (to fix
sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.FieldCacheImpl.cs -- added a Close() method (to
fix sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.FieldSortHitQueue.cs -- added a Close() method
(to fix sort memory leak defect)
	- Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.cs -- added a Close() method (to
fix sort memory leak defect)

I don't want to touch this release any more unless if there is a critical
defect such as index corruption, etc.

Best regards,

-- George Aroush

Re: Lucene.Net 2.0 "beta" build 002 and Lucene.Net 1.9.1 "final" build 004 are released

Posted by Jon Gohr <jo...@gmail.com>.
Glad to be of even the tiniest little bit of help. Thanks for fixing the
zip. I'll download and check it out right away.

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.

Posted by Jon Gohr <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Lucene.Net 2.0

Posted by Andy Berryman <to...@gmail.com>.
 As a general note to the community out there ... If your needs require a
higher version of the .NET Framework than the current version of
Lucene.Netthat you are working on ... You can always get the code and
compile on that
newer version of the .NET Framework. I highly doubt that you'll run into
problems.

I'm currently running a massive search project on version 1.9.1 Build 4 that
I compiled on the .NET 2.0 Framework. I did this for the improved memory
management and garbage collection of the .NET 2.0 Framework.  No problems at
all. During my next major release cycle I plan on moving to Lucene.Netversion
2.0 but have no real need to rush that upgrade.

So for those interested in the .NET 3.0 Framework ... You ought to be able
to proceed without too much trouble.  But like Michael mentioned earlier ...
.NET 3.0 is just some added bells and whistles to 2.0.

Andy

RE: Lucene.Net 2.0

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Everyone,

I just want to express my opinion too that I don't believe we should jump to
.NET 2.0 for the reasons already pointed out.

Regards,

-- George

Posted by Joe Shaw <jo...@novell.com>.
Hi,

RE: Lucene.Net 2.0

Posted by Michael Paine <mi...@justanswer.com>.
.NET 3.0 is really just .NET 2.0 with UI, communications (web services) and
workflow fluff.

wouldn't it be the time to swap to .NET 3.0 instead to start now(!) to
support .NET 2.0?!

best regards

Re: Lucene.Net 2.0

Posted by HP-IT <he...@yahoo.de>.