Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Patrick Barnes <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/22 07:52:37 UTC

Couchdb-lucene and pre-generating indexes?

Hi,

I want to use couchdb-lucene to search approx 350k records - is there a
way to have it build the indexes before starting a search?

I don't seem to be able to get results. So far, I've gotten:
* couchdb-lucene built and installed
* bin/run running (as root for now)
* couchdb configured to talk to couchdb-lucene as per the
rnewson/couchdb page
* a simple index function that just outputs display_name for any
documents with that field.

When I visit http://url:5984/mydb/_fti/couchapp/by_name?q=john - I just
get a timed out message.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the dataset just overwhelming the 60
second time limit?

-Patrick

Re: Couchdb-lucene and pre-generating indexes?

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Could you specify which version of couchdb-lucene you are using?

In either case, indexing should continue asynchronously from
searching. the 60 second timeout shouldn't matter.

If you are using 0.5, I suggest you "git pull" as I've spent today and
yesterday fixes an awful lot of bugs. :)

B.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.