Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Adrián <ad...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 11:57:48 UTC

[libcloud] Storage Support

Hi folks,

it's my first post on the list, so first of all wanna thak you for the
effort you've made with libcloud. I've been browsing libcloud source to see
if it fits for a project I have in mind, and I've not seen any kind of
support for services as S3, EBS or other cloud storage systems. Is this true
or am I blind? if it's true and Im not blind, are you guys thinking of
adding support for that in the near future?

Thanks in advance
Adrián

--
Wont you follow me?

Re: [libcloud] Storage Support

Posted by Peter Haggar <pf...@gmail.com>.
I think adding storage support to libCloud is a great idea.  In fact, there
is an existing API we should look at and consider using: SimpleCloud -
http://www.simplecloud.org/.  Right now, SimpleCloud is implemented in PHP
but we could use the API here.  Here's a brief version of the storage API
from SimpleCloud, in PHP:

public function fetchItem($path, $options = null);
public function storeItem($destinationPath,$data,$options = null);
public function deleteItem($path, $options = null);
public function copyItem($sourcePath, $destinationPath, $options = null);
public function moveItem($sourcePath, $destinationPath, $options = null);
public function renameItem($path, $name, $options = null);
public function listItems($path, $options = null);
public function fetchMetadata($path, $options = null);
public function storeMetadata($destinationPath, $metadata, $options = null);
public function deleteMetadata($path);
public function getAdapter();

Peter

Re: [libcloud] Storage Support